Registered Massage Therapy
*This treatment may be covered under most extended health plans. Please note: Registered Massage Therapy services are not available for purchase with WaySpa or SpaFinder or Spa Wish gift certificates at this time.
A therapeutic massage with our Registered Massage Therapist addressing specific areas of the body. This treatment can be covered by most healthcare plans.
30 minutes – $69
45minutes – $89
60 minutes – $108
90 minutes – $145
*Pricing in effect as of October 1, 2016.
RMT Pregnancy Massage
Performed by Registered Massage Therapist. $108 (60 Minutes)
RCMP Direct Billing
At this time, Skin Concepts is currently able to direct bill massage services for RCMP members only. RCMP members are covered for Massage Therapy treatments and we will bill Medavie Blue Cross directly for your visit. You will be required to present valid ID, fill out an RCMP treatment form at the time of your visit and a Doctor’s referral is required.
Cancellation Policy for Registered Massage Therapy
Please note that our therapists require that you kindly provide 24 hour’s notice if you must cancel or change an appointment. This gives us time to arrange for other clients to take your place. If you are not able to provide 24 hours notice, and we are not able to fill the time that was reserved for you, you will be charged the full amount of the scheduled appointment. We will request this payment in advance of booking you a subsequent appointment. Please understand that this is necessary in order to run our practice in a stable manner.
In the event that you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment with us, please contact us by phone at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. We are not able to accept email cancellations at this time. If you do not reach us, please leave a message on our voicemail system.
* Please note that insurance companies will not reimburse cancellation fees
If you have an emergency, please let us know so that we can treat your specific situation with personal attention. We recognize that occasionally there are circumstances that are out of your control (sudden illness, family emergencies, etc.) and your therapist may make an exception to the above policies on those rare occasions.
If you arrive late, we will try our best to accommodate your full booking, however, if that is not possible, you will be billed for the full scheduled service. Thank you for understanding.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
1. Lower blood pressure and heart rate. Massage therapy performed regularly is a natural way to decrease diastolic and systolic blood pressure as well as cortisol levels, resulting in lower sources for anxiety, hostility and depression. Massage also improves circulation, causing new blood to flow into formerly congested areas, which lowers your blood pressure.
2. Relax muscles.Massage therapy helps to flush lactic acid from your muscles through the techniques used, improving the circulation of lymph fluid which carries metabolic wastes away from muscles as well as internal organs.
3. Increase endorphin levels. Massage therapy releases endorphins (Feel good hormones made in the brain etc) and boosts your levels of serotonin and dopamine, the hormones your body produces to help calm your nerves and promote both healing and pain management. Good levels of the feel good hormones also aids in better immunity and improved digestion and nutrient absorption.
4. Improve breathing. When any of the muscles associated with breathing are chronically tight and shortened, they can restrict normal breathing and disrupt breathing patterns. This of course interrupts proper oxygen circulation resulting in lower energy as well as poor oxygen saturation of cells. Massage techniques to lengthen and relax these muscles improvebreathing capacity and function.
5. Decreases Pain & Speeds Recovery After a Workout. Muscle soreness that flares up within twenty-four to forty-eight hours after a workout can be decreased by having a massage before you start to feel this pain, and your tissue recovery process will also be enhanced.
6. Relieve headaches. A recent study showed that people who received massage therapy had fewer migraines and better sleep quality
7. Boost wellness. When serotonin levels are increased through massage, they are believed to play an important role in the regulation of mood, sleep and appetite.
Source: C. Hitchens – Professional Massage Therapist & Naturopath
*This treatment may be covered under most extended health plans. Registered Massage Therapy services are not available for purchase with WaySpa or SpaFinder gift certificates at this time.